I have had my InstantPot since my wedding September 2019 and last month (I am ashamed to say) I finally figured out shredded chicken. For whatever reason, I have struggled so hard getting shredded chicken right. It is either very dry or oddly chewy. I also get weirded out by chicken very easily so many times where I thought it was dry and or chewy it was likely 100% fine. Thankfully, I have Andrew who will literally eat anything I cook without complaining. Man, what a gem.
InstaPot Shredded Chicken
Notes: Makes about 4 servings. Prep time 10 minutes. Cook time 15 hour. Super simple recipe. Think spicy sweet but warm, comforting and healthy.
- 2 lbs of chicken
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place two pounds of chicken in the IP with 1/4 cup of chicken broth and salt and pepper. Click high pressure for 15 minutes and let the IP naturally release. If you’re in a hurry, quick release is fine. Pull out chicken and shredded on a cutting board.
- Add BBQ sauce for pulled BBQ chicken
- Add ranch seasoning and hot sauce for pulled hot chicken
- Add salsa, taco seasoning or hot sauce for shredded chicken tacos
- Add mayo, celery, grapes, walnuts for shredded chicken salad
- The options are limitless 🙂